Doxinate Plus – Doxylamine (10 mg) + Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (10 mg) 30 tablets in a strip
Doxinate Introduction: Doxinate is a combination of two medicines, namely Doxylamine and Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine). This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy (NVP). These tablets prevent NVP in pregnant women and provide nutrition to expecting mothers.
Class: First Generation Antihistamines; an Ethanolamine Derivative.
Therapeutic uses for Doxinate: Doxinate is a prescription product used for the treatment of NVP. It should only be prescribed by a qualified health professional.
Indication: Pregnancy-associated Nausea and Vomiting. (or Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy)
Dosage: 2 tablets at bedtime. In severe cases or in cases with nausea/vomiting during the day, increase the dosage by 1 tablet in the morning and 1 in mid-afternoon.
How Doxinate Works
Doxinate is a combination of Doxylamine (antihistamine) and Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Doxylamine blocks the action of histamine (a chemical messenger) and controls nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a form of vitamin B that has anti-nausea properties and provides nutrition to the body.
The delayed-release formula and dosage schedule provides 24-hour control over NVP symptoms. This prevents the NVP from progressing to hyperemesis gravidarum. When administered at an early stage, Doxinate effectively alleviates NVP symptoms and improves the patient’s quality of life.
Benefits of Doxinate
- Doxinate is a safe and effective medicine that blocks chemical actions in the body that trigger NVP and make you feel sick during pregnancy.
- Doxinate helps you effectively manage NVP caused due to hormonal changes in pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 in Doxinate provides nutrition, reduces NVP and supports your baby’s brain development and immune system.
Precautions While Taking Doxinate
- Take this medicine as prescribed. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for better efficiency.
- Take this medicine until the course is completed. Do not discontinue the medicine suddenly even if you feel better.
- Discuss other medications, allergies and health conditions with your doctor before taking Doxinate.
Side Effects of Doxinate
The side effects of Doxinate tablets disappear as your body adapts the medicine. However, consult with your doctor in case the symptoms persist. Some of the common side effects of Doxinate tablets are:
- Dryness in mouth
How to Take Doxinate
Doxinate tablets have a special coating for delayed-release action. Therefore, do not crush or split the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet before food or after food at the same time every day or as recommended by your doctor.