Doxinate OD – Doxylamine (20 mg) + Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (20 mg) 15 tablets in a strip
Doxinate OD Introduction: Doxinate 24 tablets are a combination of two medicines, namely Doxylamine and Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine). This tablet is prescribed for the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy (NVP). It effectively prevents NVP in pregnant women and provides nutrition to the expecting mothers.
Therapeutic uses for Doxinate OD: Doxinate OD is a prescription product used for the treatment of NVP. It should only be prescribed by a qualified health professional.
Indication: Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy in patients with higher-than-normal body weight and higher severity of symptoms.
Dosage: 1 tablet at bedtime. Depending on the severity of symptoms and the patient’s body weight, 1 tablet in the morning and in mid-afternoon if required.
How Doxinate OD Works
Doxinate OD is a combination of Doxylamine (antihistamine) and Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Doxylamine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine (a chemical messenger) and controls nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a form of vitamin B that has anti-nausea properties and provides nutrition to the body.
The delayed-release formula and dosage schedule provides 24-hour control over NVP symptoms. This prevents the NVP from progressing to hyperemesis gravidarum. When administered at an early stage, Doxinate OD effectively alleviates NVP symptoms and improves the patient’s quality of life.
- Doxinate OD is a safe and effective medicine that blocks chemical actions in the body that trigger NVP and make you feel sick during pregnancy.
- Doxinate OD helps you effectively manage NVP caused due to hormonal changes in pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 in Doxinate OD provides nutrition, reduces NVP and supports your baby’s brain development and immune system.
Precautions While Taking Doxinate OD
- Take this medicine as prescribed. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for better efficiency.
- Take this medicine until the course is completed. Do not discontinue the medicine suddenly even if you feel better.
- Discuss other medications, allergies and health conditions with your doctor before taking Doxinate OD.
Side Effects of Doxinate OD
The side effects of Doxinate OD tablets disappear as your body adapts the medicine. However, consult with your doctor in case the symptoms persist. Some of the common side effects of Doxinate 24 tablets are:
- Dryness in mouth
How to Take Doxinate OD
Doxinate OD tablets have a special coating for delayed-release action. Therefore, do not crush or split the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet before food or after food at the same time every day or as recommended by your doctor.