Doxinate Plus – Doxylamine (10 mg) + Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (10 mg) + Folic Acid (2.5mg) 30 tablets in a strip
Doxinate Plus Introduction: Doxinate Plus tablets are a combination of three medicines, namely Doxylamine, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) and Folic acid. This tablet is prescribed for the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy (NVP). It effectively prevents NVP in pregnant women and provides nutrition to the expecting mothers.
Therapeutic uses for Doxinate Plus: Doxinate Plus is a prescription product used for the treatment of NVP. It should only be prescribed by a qualified health professional.
Indication: Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy and prevention of Neural Tube Defects.
Dosage: 2 tablets at bedtime. In severe cases or in cases with nausea/vomiting during the day, increase the dosage by 1 tablet in the morning and 1 in mid-afternoon.
How Doxinate Plus Works
Doxinate Plus is a combination of Doxylamine (antihistamine), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and Folic acid. Doxylamine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine (a chemical messenger) and controls nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a form of vitamin B that has anti-nausea properties and provides nutrition to the body. Folic acid, a form of vitamin B, provides essential nutrients to the body.
The delayed-release formula and dosage schedule provides 24-hour control over NVP symptoms. This prevents the NVP from progressing to hyperemesis gravidarum. When administered at an early stage, Doxinate Plus effectively alleviates NVP symptoms and improves the patient’s quality of life.
Benefits of Doxinate Plus
- Doxinate Plus is a safe and effective medicine that blocks chemical actions in the body that trigger NVP and make you feel sick during pregnancy.
- Doxinate Plus helps you effectively manage NVP caused due to hormonal changes in pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 in Doxinate Plus provides nutrition, reduces NVP and supports your baby’s brain development and immune system.
- Folic acid in Doxinate Plus provides essential nutrients to your body.
Precautions While Taking Doxinate Plus
- Take this medicine as prescribed. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for better efficiency.
- Take this medicine until the course is completed. Do not discontinue the medicine suddenly even if you feel better.
- Discuss other medications, allergies and health conditions with your doctor before taking Doxinate Plus.
Side Effects of Doxinate Plus
The side effects of Doxinate Plus tablets disappear as your body adapts the medicine. However, consult with your doctor in case the symptoms persist. Some of the common side effects of Doxinate Plus tablets are:
- Dryness in mouth
How to Take Doxinate Plus
Doxinate Plus tablets have a special coating for delayed-release action. Therefore, do not crush or split the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet before food or after food at the same time every day or as recommended by your doctor.