Doxinate 24 – Doxylamine (20 mg) + Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (20 mg) 15 tablets in a strip
Doxinate 24 Introduction: Doxinate 24 tablets are a combination of two medicines, namely Doxylamine and Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine). This tablet is prescribed for the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy (NVP). It effectively prevents NVP in pregnant women and provides nutrition to the expecting mothers.
Therapeutic uses for Doxinate 24: Doxinate 24 is a prescription product used for the treatment of NVP. It should only be prescribed by a qualified health professional.
Indication: Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy.
Dosage: 2 tablets at bedtime. In severe cases or in cases with nausea/vomiting during the day, increase the dosage by 1 tablet in the morning and 1 in mid-afternoon.
How Doxinate 24 Works
Doxinate 24 is a combination of Doxylamine (antihistamine) and Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Doxylamine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine (a chemical messenger) and controls nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a form of vitamin B that has anti-nausea properties and provides nutrition to the body.
The delayed-release formula and dosage schedule provides 24-hour control over NVP symptoms. This prevents the NVP from progressing to hyperemesis gravidarum. When administered at an early stage, Doxinate 24 effectively alleviates NVP symptoms and improves the patient’s quality of life.
Benefits of Doxinate 24
- Doxinate 24 is a safe and effective medicine that blocks chemical actions in the body that trigger NVP and make you feel sick during pregnancy.
- Doxinate 24 helps you effectively manage NVP caused due to hormonal changes in pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 in Doxinate 24 provides nutrition, reduces NVP and supports your baby’s brain development and immune system.
Precautions While Taking Doxinate 24
- Take this medicine as prescribed. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for better efficiency.
- Take this medicine until the course is completed. Do not discontinue the medicine suddenly even if you feel better.
- Discuss other medications, allergies and health conditions with your doctor before taking Doxinate 24.
Side Effects of Doxinate 24
The side effects of Doxinate 24 tablets disappear as your body adapts the medicine. However, consult with your doctor in case the symptoms persist. Some of the common side effects of Doxinate 24 tablets are:
- Dryness in mouth
How to Take Doxinate 24
Doxinate 24 tablets have a special coating for delayed-release action. Therefore, do not crush or split the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet before food or after food at the same time every day or as recommended by your doctor.