Doxinate Forte – Doxylamine (20 mg) + Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (20 mg) + Folic Acid (5 mg)
30 tablets in a strip
Doxinate Forte Introduction: Doxinate Forte tablets are a combination of three medicines, namely Doxylamine, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) and Folic acid. This tablet is prescribed for the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy (NVP). It effectively prevents NVP in pregnant women and provides nutrition to the expecting mothers.
Therapeutic uses for Doxinate Forte: Doxinate Forte is a prescription product used for the treatment of NVP. It should only be prescribed by a qualified health professional.
Indication: Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy in patients with higher-than-normal body weight and higher severity of symptoms.
Dosage: 1 tablet at bedtime. Depending on the severity of symptoms and the patient’s body weight, 1 tablet in the morning and in mid-afternoon if required.
How Doxinate Forte Works
Doxinate Forte is a combination of Doxylamine (antihistamine), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and Folic acid. Doxylamine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine (a chemical messenger) and controls nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a form of vitamin B that has anti-nausea properties and provides nutrition to the body. Folic acid, a form of vitamin B, provides essential nutrients to the body.
The delayed-release formula and dosage schedule provides 24-hour control over NVP symptoms. This prevents the NVP from progressing to hyperemesis gravidarum. When administered at an early stage, Doxinate Forte effectively alleviates NVP symptoms and improves the patient’s quality of life.
Benefits of Doxinate Forte
- Doxinate Forte is a safe and effective medicine that blocks chemical actions in the body that trigger NVP and make you feel sick during pregnancy.
- Doxinate Forte helps you effectively manage NVP caused due to hormonal changes in pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 in Doxinate Forte provides nutrition, reduces NVP and supports your baby’s brain development and immune system.
- Folic acid in Doxinate Plus provides essential nutrients to your body.
Precautions While Taking Doxinate Forte
- Take this medicine as prescribed. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for better efficiency.
- Take this medicine until the course is completed. Do not discontinue the medicine suddenly even if you feel better.
- Discuss other medications, allergies and health conditions with your doctor before taking Doxinate Forte.
Side Effects of Doxinate Forte
The side effects of Doxinate Forte tablets disappear as your body adapts the medicine. However, consult with your doctor in case the symptoms persist. Some of the common side effects of Doxinate Forte tablets are:
- Dryness in mouth
How to Take Doxinate Forte
Doxinate Forte tablets have a special coating for delayed-release action. Therefore, do not crush or split the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet before food or after food at the same time every day or as recommended by your doctor.